Interventional and Vascular Radiology
The Vascular and Interventional Radiologists at California Imaging Institute use their expertise in reading X-Rays, ultrasound, and other medical images to guide small instruments such as catheters (tubes that measure just a few millimeters in diameter), through the blood vessels or other pathways to treat disease percutaneoulsy (through the skin).
These procedures are typically much less invasive and much less costly than traditional surgery. There are many advantages to choosing Vascular and Interventional Radiology over other courses of treatment.
- Most procedures can be performed on an outpatient basis, or require only a short hospital stay.
- General anesthesia is not usually required.
- Risk, pain, and recovery time are often significantly reduced.
- The procedures are sometimes less expensive than surgery or other alternatives.
To learn more about Vascular and Interventional Radiology please visit www.SIRweb.org.
The following services are available at California Imaging Institute or at one of our Community Hospitals:
- Cancer therapy
- Port placement and retrieval
- Radiofrequency ablation of solid tumors and bone lesions
- Compression fracture treatments
- Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty
- Dialysis therapy
- Catheter placement
- Graft or fistula evaluation, and angiography or declotting
- Fibroid therapy
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE)
- Pain Management
- Epidural steroid injections
- Facet injections
- Nerve ablations
- Transforaminal nerve injections
- Angioplasty, atherectomy, stent placement
- CTA and MRA of the carotid, renal, and lower extremity arteries
- Diagnostic angiography
- Endovascular repair of aneurysms (abdomen, thorax)
- Venous Access
- Groshong/Tunnel catheter
- Port placements
- Varicose vein therapy
- DVT evaluation and thrombolysis
- TIPS (Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt placement)
- Venous stenting
- Other procedures
- Therapeutic and diagnostic paracentesis
- Therapeutic and diagnostic thoraracentesis
Did you know you can preregister?
Skip the wait and fill out forms beforehand.Download Forms
Click on specific exam above.